Chick pics

cluckmecoop7

Part of the flock
This is when my chicks were a few days old:
DSCN7036.jpg
Coming home in a box.
DSCN7045.jpgDSCN7052.jpg
I have 3 BO's and 3 GLW's now, but back then, I had 4 BO's and 2 GLWs. The reason is one of the BO chicks died the day I brought them home, sadly. :( I went back to TSC and got a new chick. Another GLW. That one tuned out to be Blamo.

These pictures were taken before I got Blamo.

Moonshiner

1st Member
Influencer
Buff and black tailed red.
The others are project chicks so hard to tell exactly what they are this young. They do appear browns, silvers and isabellas but it goes deeper then that.
The lavender ones could be lavender gold duckwing, lavender silver duckwing or lavender silver/gold.
The silver are either silver split to lavender or from a blue silver duckwing pen. I think one is blue and others just silver.
Some of the buffs are from a mottled buff project and black tailed buff project.

Moonshiner

1st Member
Influencer
Ya they need improvement but at least I have something to work with.
I'm gonna use some buffs to try to improve them and in the process make some black tailed buffs and solid reds.
Also working on white tailed buffs and white tailed reds.

Matchbox Chicks

Part of the flock
Ya they need improvement but at least I have something to work with.
I'm gonna use some buffs to try to improve them and in the process make some black tailed buffs and solid reds.
Also working on white tailed buffs and white tailed reds.
Ooh white tailed reds would look so cool.
I'd like to have some of the rarer varieties of Leghorns someday

Moonshiner

1st Member
Influencer
This one is a red X buff cross so it's in between the two colors and it only has one dominate white gene so I need to get the second one in there.20180705_173906-1 (1).jpg

Moonshiner

1st Member
Influencer
No.
I lost him last year but I have a half brother that's the same genetics but also carries mottling but better type that I have in with two pullets that are also buff X red and carry mottling but have black tails.
Should get quite the variety of chicks from them.
I'm gonna hatch from them this year then I'll have to sort everyone out next year and start breeding to get them pure for the wanted genes then go from tbere to get them all breeding true.

Moonshiner

1st Member
Influencer
That probably sounds easier then it will be. But after this season and about two or three more, a ton of chicks, lots of test breeding, bringing in other breeders, etc, etc I plan to end up with at least 10 different varieties from them.
Buff
Red
Black tailed buff
Black tailed red
White tailed buff
White tailed red
Mottled buff
Mottled red
Mille fleur
Red mille fleur

Matchbox Chicks

Part of the flock
That probably sounds easier then it will be. But after this season and about two or three more, a ton of chicks, lots of test breeding, bringing in other breeders, etc, etc I plan to end up with at least 10 different varieties from them.
Buff
Red
Black tailed buff
Black tailed red
White tailed buff
White tailed red
Mottled buff
Mottled red
Mille fleur
Red mille fleur
Those will be some pretty Leghorns! I want to create a lot of project colors of d'Uccles