First goose eggs of 2020

Gray Farms

Stretching my wings
I found 3 goose eggs "Sebastopol" yesterday. I wish they had waited another week or two. Anybody else's geese laying yet?

Gray Farms

Stretching my wings
I'm getting about 5 eggs a day now. Up to 30 to put in the incubator. I wasn't going to set them but I've got so many I'd better set them. I'm going to let them keep them now that the temps aren't getting as cold at night.

Kazan

Newly Hatched
I'm getting about 5 eggs a day now. Up to 30 to put in the incubator. I wasn't going to set them but I've got so many I'd better set them. I'm going to let them keep them now that the temps aren't getting as cold at night.
That's cool! Are you going to keep all the potential goslings?

Gray Farms

Stretching my wings
That's cool! Are you going to keep all the potential goslings?
I'll keep back a couple females is all and sell the rest. I've got 19 adults now and they are pretty close to 1/2 males and 1/2 females "10 girls and 9 boys I think". So I'll just keep back a two or three girls this year.

Cu

Call me Copper
Staff member
I appreciate geese. I especially like Sebastapols. Maybe someday I can own some.

Kazan

Newly Hatched
I'll keep back a couple females is all and sell the rest. I've got 19 adults now and they are pretty close to 1/2 males and 1/2 females "10 girls and 9 boys I think". So I'll just keep back a two or three girls this year.
How old do they have to be for you to tell their sex?